Prison Rape Elimination Act (PREA) Policy
It is the policy of Boys Village to fully comply with the Prison Rape Elimination Act (PREA) of 2003 and the National Standards declared by the United States Department of Justice to prevent, detect, reduce, prosecute and punish sexual abuse and sexual harassment in confinement settings. Boys Village has a zero-tolerance policy toward all forms of sexual abuse and sexual harassment. Residents of Boys Village have a right to be free from sexually assaultive, abusive, or harassing behavior from staff and / or other residents.
PREA Standard 115.322 – Policies to ensure referrals of allegations for investigations
Boys Village shall ensure that an administrative or criminal investigation is completed for all allegations of sexual abuse and sexual harassment.
(a) All allegations will be referred to PREA investigators with Louisiana Office of Juvenile Justice. Allegations of sexual abuse or sexual harassment will be referred to Calcasieu Parish Sheriff’s Office for criminal investigations, unless the allegation does not involve potentially criminal behavior.
(b) All referrals shall be documented.
(c) If a criminal investigation is conducted, Boys Village will provide the following:
- Incident / Information Reports
- Access to Boys Village and location of the incident
- Access to juveniles and / or staff involved
- Access to all records deemed necessary to complete the investigation
PREA Standard 115.354 – Third-Party Reporting
If you suspect an incident of sexual abuse or sexual harassment has occurred at Boys Village, there are several ways for parents and third-parties (such as staff members, family members, attorneys, and fellow residents or any other interested party) to report an incident. All reports are investigated and we take each of them very seriously. You may use the reporting method you are most comfortable with:
- Tell any staff member of Boys Village. It is their job to report any allegation, ensure the resident’s safety, and maintain confidentiality.
- Contact Boys Village administrators (Executive Director / PREA Coordinator / Case Managers) at (337) 436-7553.
- Louisiana Office of Juvenile Justice – Investigative Services Hotline – 1-800-626-1430
- Louisiana Foundation Against Sexual Assault (LaFASA) – 1-888-995-7273
- Louisiana Department of Children and Family Services – Child Abuse / Neglect Hotline 1-855-4LA-KIDS (855-452-5437)
- Calcasieu Parish Sheriff’s Office – (337) 491-3700
OJJ PREA Resources / Reports – https://ojj.la.gov/policies-systems/federal-laws/prea/ojj-prea-resourcesreports/
PREA Audit Final Reports